Monday, February 18, 2013

Healthy-ish Oatmeal Banana Cookies





Every time my bananas get this way, I scramble to find a way to use them! I hate when I buy them and I don't finally think about eating them until they get to this stage.



This recipe is adapted from This Recipe

So, I really do this when I need to go off a recipe- I find it on my laptop, I email it to myself and pull it up on my iPhone...then use this nifty holder...it really is awesome, right?! Barnes & Noble if you must know!


These are the Ingredients that I used to make them Healthy-Ish..
 

3 ripe bananas, mashed

1 tablespoon vanilla

1/2-1 cup Reduced-fat Peanut Butter

4 tablespoons maple syrup

2 cups rolled oats

1/2 cup brown rice flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt (note: if you are using salted peanut butter, you may not need any salt, do a taste test with the batter)

½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

In a large bowl, mix bananas, vanilla, peanut butter and maple syrup into a creamy consistency (best to do with a hand mixer).

In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until they are well combined, the batter should be slightly sticky. Fold in the chocolate chips. The batter will be somewhat runny, this is ok.

Place heaping tablespoon-sized balls of the batter onto a parchment lined (silpat if you have one) cookie sheet and cook for 13-15 minutes.

Makes around 2 dozen cookies. You can see how you can easily make these Gluten Free cookies as well, for instance, I used the brown rice flour, but you can find gluten free vanilla extract, baking powder and you can use other flour combinations. I am not entirely sure if semi sweet chocolate chips are, but I would think Dark chocolate chips would be?


They stay this shape when you bake them, so I loaded my baking sheet.

The final product...YUM! and I am just going to say it..cause my Husband said it ...These are Yummy Banana Chocolate Balls! We are going to save them for the week as a quick breakfast in the morning.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment