Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Blackberry Cobbler


So first off please don't mind my terrible pictures. Nasty yellow light is of the devil but once night time hits and you are too lazy to pull out your external flash, you get over it. Besides it's the taste that counts, right? On to the cobbler!

This cobbler is so yummy and even better, it's so simple! I was watching The Pioneer Woman the other day, don't you just love her?!, and she was making this. I then realized I had blackberries, and butter was calling my name. She makes it in this beautiful ceramic dish that feeds 8 people but since it's just Zack and I, I decided to halve the recipe and pull out my oh so pretty ramekins. I love my ramekins, lately I've been baking quick desserts in them and everything turns out so good. They also tend to make me feel slightly better about eating sweets since they are 1 serving. Ha!

Like I was saying, the recipe is so simple. Here's Ree Drummond's original recipe http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/08/the_great_cobbl/ in case you want to make a bigger batch, but I'll give you a quick rundown of my smaller version.

Ingredients:

1/2 stick butter
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C self rising flour
1/2 C milk
A couple blackberries per ramekin



Melt butter in microwavable dish. Mix together sugar, flour, and milk. Whisk in butter. Grease 2 ramekins and pour batter into each. Each ramekin turned out to have a 1/2 cup of batter in them. Perfection. Drop blackberries into batter filled dishes and sprinkle with sugar. 



Bake in the oven at 350° for 25 minutes. Check for doneness and let cool for 10 minutes. Top with whipped topping or ice cream and enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment